Cultivating Relationships with the plants and connecting to the land.
Christina offers private herbal medicine workshops, plant hikes with a minimum of four people.
For folks wanting to learn about the flora on their land, wanting to plant a water wise and native garden she does plant surveys and consults.
- Foundational Herbalism Online SeriesSun, Jan 10ZoomJan 10, 11:00 AM PST – Mar 28, 3:00 PM PDTZoomFoundational Herbalism is an introductory online course encompassing the fundamental principles of Traditional Western Herbalism. This course is designed to introduce folks to herbal energetics, thermal energetics, herbal taste, actions and how we can implement these into our herbal repertoire.
- Online Exploration of Ancient Desert Medicine - Creosote Bush Lecture & Medicine Making.Sat, Jun 06Zoom
- Foundational Herbalism LIVE ONLINE SeriesSat, Jun 06Online Event with ZOOM meetings
- Foundational Herbalism SeriesSun, Mar 01Cactus MartMar 01, 2020, 11:00 AM – Apr 25, 2020, 4:00 PMCactus Mart, 49889 Twentynine Palms Highway, Morongo Valley, CA 92256, USAFoundational Herbalism is an introductory course encompassing the fundamental principles of Traditional Western Herbalism. consisting of morning lecture and afternoon herbal preparation lab. This course will introduce you to a new way of looking at plants and their uses.
- The Wonderful World of Creosote BushSun, Mar 01Cactus MartMar 01, 2020, 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM PSTCactus Mart, 49889 Twentynine Palms Highway, Morongo Valley, CA 92256, USADelve into the Wonderful World of Creosote Bush and explore the plant in depth from ecology, botanical description to traditional and modern day herbal uses of this aromatic desert evergreen shrub.
- Native Plants of the Mojave Desert MountainsSun, Feb 16Smarts Ranch Road 3N03
- Desert Ecology & Medicinal Flora Hike - Tea ExplorationSat, Feb 15Garths Boulder Gardens
- All Of Pine, Expanding Our ApothecarySun, Jan 19Columbines School Of Botanical Studies
- Piñon Pine & Herbal Syrups WorkshopSun, Dec 08Cactus MartDec 08, 2019, 11:00 AM – 2:30 PM PSTCactus Mart, 49889 Twentynine Palms Highway, Morongo Valley, CA 92256, USAThis workshop is a two part series. PART I is an introduction to our native Pinus monophylla aka Piñon Pine exploring the ecology of this native pine. PART II is a hands-on experience where we will discover the world of herbal syrups and delve into their sweet world of culinary and medicinal uses.
- Desert Flora & Ecology Hike & Plant Tea ExplorationSat, Dec 07Hidden Passage Guest RanchDec 07, 2019, 11:00 AM – 2:30 PM PSTHidden Passage Guest Ranch, 9662 Lanning Ln, Morongo Valley, CA 92256We will explore the native flora and ecology of the Mojave Desert at the Hidden Passage Guest Ranch, a desert retreat nestled in a canyon rich in plant diversity, guest will meet native plants including medicinal and edible flora along with a discussion of traditional and contemporary uses.
- Creosote Bush Exploration, Desert Medicine & SkincareSun, Nov 03Cactus MartNov 03, 2019, 11:00 AM – 12:30 PMCactus Mart, 49889 Twentynine Palms Highway, Morongo Valley, CA 92256, USAJoin us as I will discuss the ecological importance and contemporary uses of Larrea tridentata commonly known as Creosote Bush. We will be tasting, applying, and spraying a variety of preparations created with Larrea. PART II will be a hands-on making of a herbal preparation called glycerite.
- DESERT FLORA PLANT HIKE for the AMAZON - Plant Walk with 100% proceeds donated to the Rainforest TrustSun, Sep 29Location is TBDSep 29, 2019, 11:00 AM – 1:15 PMLocation is TBDPlant Hike with 100% of the donations going to the Rainforest Trust, helping in protecting the Amazonian Rain Forest, Indigenous Peoples, Flora & Fauna. Come join me in this plant walk and learn about the flora of the Mojave Desert in the Morongo Basin.
- Rose Glycerites, Herbal Preparations Workshop.Sun, Mar 24Cactus MartMar 24, 2019, 11:00 AM – 2:00 PMCactus Mart, 49889 Twentynine Palms Highway, Morongo Valley, CA 92256, USADiscover other ways of making delicious herbal remedies using vegetable glycerine known as glycerites. For this workshop we will be working with the plant Rose. We will cover the two methods of creating glycerites, the clinical method of using ratios and the folk method.
- Teddy Talks at the Beatnik Lounge Joshua TreeSat, Mar 16Beatnik LoungeMar 16, 2019, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PMBeatnik Lounge, 61568 Twentynine Palms Highway, Joshua Tree, CA 92252, USAI'll be speaking this Saturday for Teddy Talks the Beatnik Lounge. I will be sharing some herbal creations I've made using plants made from the Mojave & Sonoran Desert, discussing wild tending, stewardship and weaving flora into self care.
- Desert Medicine Plant ID HikeSat, Feb 23Location emailed upon pre-registration
- Piñon Pine, Native Flora Herbal Syrups WorkshopSun, Feb 03Cactus MartFeb 03, 2019, 11:00 AM – 1:00 PMCactus Mart, 49889 Twentynine Palms Highway, Morongo Valley, CA 92256, USADiscover the art of making herbal syrups incorporating native tree medicine, Piñon Pine - Pinus monophylla. Herbal syrups can be used both medicinally and for flavoring up dishes. refunds are not issued and tickets are non-transferable
- Allergy Relief, Respiratory Allies. Herbal Vinegar WorkshopSun, Jan 20Cactus MartJan 20, 2019, 11:00 AM – 1:30 PMCactus Mart, 49889 Twentynine Palms Highway, Morongo Valley, CA 92256, USAHands-On intro to working with vinegars and herbaceous allies that strengthen the respiratory system and allergy relief. Visit for more info refunds are not issued. Credit towards other workshops are given if done a week before class
- Desert Medicine Plant ID Hike.Sun, Jan 13Big Morongo Canyon Preserve
- Friends At The Border - ROUND II DONATION DRIVE.Tue, Jan 01Beatnik LoungeJan 01, 2019, 5:00 PM – Jan 18, 2019, 9:00 PMBeatnik Lounge, 61568 Twentynine Palms Highway, Joshua Tree, CA 92252, USAHigh Desert, Low Desert, OC folks, we are gathering items once again for our brothers and sisters of the Central American Exodus. Please continue on to learn more about what is now needed, location and times.
- DISCOVERING CREOSOTE BUSH, HERBAL INFUSED OIL & SALVE WORKSHOPSun, Dec 16Cactus Mart
- DESERT MEDICINE PLANT ID HIKESun, Dec 09Big Morongo Canyon PreserveDec 09, 2018, 11:00 AM – 1:30 PMBig Morongo Canyon Preserve, 11055 East Dr, Morongo Valley, CA 92256, USATHIS EVENT IS NOW SOLD OUT. Keep posted for next plant walk. Discover the native medicinal flora of the Mojave Desert at the Big Morongo Canyon Preserve. This plant id hike explores the medicinal uses of our native flora.
- FRIENDS AT THE BORDER - CENTRAL AMERICA EXODUSMon, Dec 03Beatnik LoungeDec 03, 2018, 12:05 PM – Dec 13, 2018, 4:05 PMBeatnik Lounge, 61568 Twentynine Palms Highway, Joshua Tree, CA 92252, USAPlease visit this place link on Facebook with all info of needed items for this donation drive. Drop off is @ Beatnik Lounge in Joshua Tree or phone 760.617.9171 https://www.facebook.com/events/1957634970939875/?ti=ia
- White Sage and Environmental Concerns with Howie BrounsteinSat, Dec 01Cactus MartDec 01, 2018, 11:00 PM – Dec 02, 2018, 12:30 PMCactus Mart, 49889 Twentynine Palms Highway, Morongo Valley, CA 92256, USAWhite Sage, Salvia apiana, a native Southern California plant, is becoming increasingly popular in the commercial marketplace. There are growing concerns for its continued existence. What are the legal and ethical questions concerning this plant, held in such high regard by Native Americans? READ ON
- DESERT FIRE CIDER @ Cactus MartSat, Nov 17Cactus MartNov 17, 2018, 2:00 PM – 4:00 PMCactus Mart, 49889 Twentynine Palms Highway, Morongo Valley, CA 92256, USABegin to stock your herbal medicine cabinet for cold, flu & allergy season with this folk remedy known as Fire Cider, originally created by herbalist Rosemary Gladstar. Over the years I have found native plants to the Mojave Desert that can be added to this formula for optimizing health and wellness
- ELDERBERRY DESERT SYRUP MAKING WORKSHOPSat, Nov 17Location is TBDNov 17, 2018, 10:00 AM – 12:30 PMLocation is TBDGet a jump on cold/flu with a dose of elderberry. Anti-viral properties makes it the go to at the very first sign of illness or just after a known exposure to someone who is sick. Added to this formula will be lung strengthen plants and plants that will help with allergies. Cost $40
- CLIMBERS COLLECTIVE JTREE CLEANUP MEET & GREETSat, Nov 106553 Vía AllegraNov 10, 2018, 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM6553 Vía Allegra, 6553 Vía Allegra, Twentynine Palms, CA 92277, USAIn an effort to help Joshua Tree NP we have partnered with the park service to host a cleanup, maintenance, and restoration event. Our goal is to provide needed labor for the park service and convey the importance of taking care of climbing areas and other recreational lands to participants
- Desert Medicine with Creosote Bush (Larrea tridentata)Sun, Oct 285662 York BlvdOct 28, 2018, 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM5662 York Blvd, 5662 York Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90042, USACLASS CANCELED. NEW DATE TBA. Explore the many uses of the ancient desert evergreen, Creosote Bush. This workshop will include a Plant Tea Meditation, introduction to Creosote Bush followed by crafting two herbal remedies that participants get to take home. PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED
- WHITEWATER RIVER DESERT CLEANUP IIISat, Oct 13Whitewater CutoffOct 13, 2018, 8:00 AM – 1:00 PMWhitewater Cutoff, Whitewater Cutoff, California 92282, USAThird year of this non sponsored event. Call to Action of activist, Eco Warriors, Desert Defenders, Stewards all who love our planet for a CLEANUP. Bring water, heavy duty trash bags, trash pockets READ BELOW LINK FOR MORE INFO https://www.facebook.com/events/2158384717566294/?ti=ia