Cultivating Relationships with the plants and connecting to the land.
Christina offers private herbal medicine workshops, plant hikes with a minimum of four people.
For folks wanting to learn about the flora on their land, wanting to plant a water wise and native garden she does plant surveys and consults.
- Sun, Jan 10ZoomJan 10, 11:00 AM PST – Mar 28, 3:00 PM PDTZoomFoundational Herbalism is an introductory online course encompassing the fundamental principles of Traditional Western Herbalism. This course is designed to introduce folks to herbal energetics, thermal energetics, herbal taste, actions and how we can implement these into our herbal repertoire.
- Sat, Jun 06Zoom
- Sat, Jun 06Online Event with ZOOM meetings
- Sun, Mar 01Cactus MartMar 01, 2020, 11:00 AM – Apr 25, 2020, 4:00 PMCactus Mart, 49889 Twentynine Palms Highway, Morongo Valley, CA 92256, USAFoundational Herbalism is an introductory course encompassing the fundamental principles of Traditional Western Herbalism. consisting of morning lecture and afternoon herbal preparation lab. This course will introduce you to a new way of looking at plants and their uses.
- Sun, Mar 01Cactus MartMar 01, 2020, 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM PSTCactus Mart, 49889 Twentynine Palms Highway, Morongo Valley, CA 92256, USADelve into the Wonderful World of Creosote Bush and explore the plant in depth from ecology, botanical description to traditional and modern day herbal uses of this aromatic desert evergreen shrub.
- Sun, Feb 16Smarts Ranch Road 3N03
- Sat, Feb 15Garths Boulder Gardens
- Sun, Jan 19Columbines School Of Botanical Studies
- Sun, Dec 08Cactus MartDec 08, 2019, 11:00 AM – 2:30 PM PSTCactus Mart, 49889 Twentynine Palms Highway, Morongo Valley, CA 92256, USAThis workshop is a two part series. PART I is an introduction to our native Pinus monophylla aka Piñon Pine exploring the ecology of this native pine. PART II is a hands-on experience where we will discover the world of herbal syrups and delve into their sweet world of culinary and medicinal uses.
- Sat, Dec 07Hidden Passage Guest RanchDec 07, 2019, 11:00 AM – 2:30 PM PSTHidden Passage Guest Ranch, 9662 Lanning Ln, Morongo Valley, CA 92256We will explore the native flora and ecology of the Mojave Desert at the Hidden Passage Guest Ranch, a desert retreat nestled in a canyon rich in plant diversity, guest will meet native plants including medicinal and edible flora along with a discussion of traditional and contemporary uses.
- Sun, Nov 03Cactus MartNov 03, 2019, 11:00 AM – 12:30 PMCactus Mart, 49889 Twentynine Palms Highway, Morongo Valley, CA 92256, USAJoin us as I will discuss the ecological importance and contemporary uses of Larrea tridentata commonly known as Creosote Bush. We will be tasting, applying, and spraying a variety of preparations created with Larrea. PART II will be a hands-on making of a herbal preparation called glycerite.
- Sun, Oct 06Cactus Mart
- DESERT FLORA PLANT HIKE for the AMAZON - Plant Walk with 100% proceeds donated to the Rainforest TrustSun, Sep 29Location is TBDSep 29, 2019, 11:00 AM – 1:15 PMLocation is TBDPlant Hike with 100% of the donations going to the Rainforest Trust, helping in protecting the Amazonian Rain Forest, Indigenous Peoples, Flora & Fauna. Come join me in this plant walk and learn about the flora of the Mojave Desert in the Morongo Basin.
- Sun, Mar 24Cactus MartMar 24, 2019, 11:00 AM – 2:00 PMCactus Mart, 49889 Twentynine Palms Highway, Morongo Valley, CA 92256, USADiscover other ways of making delicious herbal remedies using vegetable glycerine known as glycerites. For this workshop we will be working with the plant Rose. We will cover the two methods of creating glycerites, the clinical method of using ratios and the folk method.
- Sat, Mar 16Beatnik LoungeMar 16, 2019, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PMBeatnik Lounge, 61568 Twentynine Palms Highway, Joshua Tree, CA 92252, USAI'll be speaking this Saturday for Teddy Talks the Beatnik Lounge. I will be sharing some herbal creations I've made using plants made from the Mojave & Sonoran Desert, discussing wild tending, stewardship and weaving flora into self care.
- Sat, Feb 23Location emailed upon pre-registration
- Sun, Feb 03Cactus MartFeb 03, 2019, 11:00 AM – 1:00 PMCactus Mart, 49889 Twentynine Palms Highway, Morongo Valley, CA 92256, USADiscover the art of making herbal syrups incorporating native tree medicine, Piñon Pine - Pinus monophylla. Herbal syrups can be used both medicinally and for flavoring up dishes. refunds are not issued and tickets are non-transferable