Foundational Herbalism Online Series
Time & Location
About the Event
Foundational Herbalism is an introductory online course encompassing the fundamental principles of Traditional Western Herbalism. This course is designed to introduce folks to herbal energetics, thermal energetics, herbal taste, herbal actions and how we can implement these into our herbal repertoire. The Foundational Herbalism series consist of seven classes / seven weeks and is tought live using Zoom Meeting . More is listed below
- Aromatic, Bitter, Mucilant, Astringent and Nervine herbs. Learning the importance of these herbal actions to what indications and constitutions are best when formulating.
- Re-engaging our sense of taste: Salty, Sweet, Sour, Bitter, and Acrid. Here we will taste herbs in forms of tea to the eating of plants to experience their actions in our bodies. Students will learn how these herbal actions, our sense of taste can be applied as part of the foundations of herbalism and in customizing herbal formulas.
- Materia Medica: The herbs we will be working with are herbs that are readily available in the herb marketplace, along with those we can cultivate. Students will be sent herbs for the Herbal Tea Discovery and will be guided in preparation prior to class.
Herbal Preparations. In each class participants will learn how to prepare and use these herbs in the following preparations:
- Herbal infused oils for culinary and medicinal uses.
- Liniments, facial toners and skincare
- Acetum (herbal vinegars)
- Teas, Infusions and Decoctions, what are they and why so many differnt methods for preparing tea????
Where: Live virtual class using Zoom. If you are unfamiliar with Zoom, you can go to your apps store and download ZOOM for free.
January 10 & 24, February 6 & 19, March 6, 27, 28, 2021, class will be held from 11am - 3pm with one 15 minute break
Cost: The Foundational Herbalism series is $530 with payment plant available. This will include the herbs for the Plant Tea Discovery. A $25 discount is applied to those living in the Morongo Basin or Low Desert communites for curbside pickup of the herbs for the course. Email or call for this discount. 760.617.9171 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment plan is available for with a $250 nonrefundable deposit. Contact us for information on this plan at 760.617.9171 | email email@example.com
We are offering a $25 discount on the course, paid in full by December 20, 2020
If paying via PayPal please send friends and family.
You will need these items throughout the term. You will get a specific list for each class upon registration.
- One pint jar (16 ounce) clean with matching lid. Mason/ball jars can be purchased in the canning department of most stores. i.e. Michael's Craft Store, Walmart
- Two quart jars (32 ounce) clean with matching lid
- Three half pint jars (8 ounce) clean with matching lids.
- One four ounce jar clean with matching lid
- A cup or mug is required for each class.
- Pen and Paper for note taking.
- Wooden spoon or chop stick, knife, cutting board, and cloth towel.
- 4 ounces honey, preferably organic or raw.
- 32 ounces apple cider vinegar (organic)
- 1 quart organic extra virgin olive oil. If you cannot get organic get extra virgin olive oil.
- One 1.75 liter (half gallon) of 120 proof (60%) vodka or Everclear
- One 1.75 liter (half gallon) 100 proof (50%) vodka. It is imperative that you purchase these exact percentages of alcohol for the herbal lab hands-on portion for tincture and liniment making. You can source from Bevmo
- 1 ounce beeswax
- Either one of the following will be needed parchment paper, wax paper or wide mouth plastic mason/ball jar lid.
- There is an herb list for medicine making that participants will be responsible for. List will be emailed with welcome letter
Classes are non-refundable or exchanged for future classes
- Desert Locals Pick-up.$505$5050$0
- NON-LOCAL TICKET$530$5300$0