Desert Medicine with Creosote Bush (Larrea tridentata)
Time & Location
About the Event
Explore the flora of the desert in the DESERT MEDICINE with CREOSOTE BUSH WORKSHOP.
Led by long time desert dweller, Joshua Tree resident, herbalist Christina Sanchez of Every Leaf Speaks she will bring the medicine of the Mojave Desert to Los Angeles. Working with the ancient medicine Creosote Bush (Larrea tridentata) dating back to over 11,700 years, this plant has been used as medicine by the indigenous people and till this day herbal remedies are prepared working with Creosote Bush.
Famously recognized for that “Desert Smell” Christina will be taking folks on a journey exploring the many medicinal uses of Creosote Bush as well as ways to incorporate it into ones Self Care rituals.
The workshop will begin with;
• Plant Tea Meditation where we will experience the taste & energetics of Creosote Bush.
• Introduction to Creosote Bush and why we need to be conscious of the ecosystem of the desert.
• Followed by hands-on workshop. You will take home a 2oz jar of DESERT SHADE & 8oz Acetum. The following will be made.
• Anti-Aging - Multi-Use Sun protection called “Desert Shade”. This is a formula Christina has been working on to perfect and using daily. It has helped smooth fine lines, hydrate dry skin, chapped lips, cuts & scrapes. Calm inflamed irritated skin, rash, diaper rash, insect bites & bee stings and skin eruptions . Along with its protection from the sun. Creosote Bush is rich in the antioxidant Nordihydrogualaretic Acid or NDGA for short. Summer may be past us but living in SoCal we still need to be mindful of our skin!
• Introduction to herbal vinegars known as “Acetum” an Acetum can be used to bring relief and reduce inflammation of sore muscles, arthritis, inflamed joints, skin irruptions such as psoriasis, eczema, acne. Dandruff & athletes foot. Facial toner to balance oily skin & scalp. Easing the pain of minor burns, sunburn, windburn, insect bites to bee stings.
Cost is $50
Current Green Wisdom Herbal Studies & Gaia students get $10off
Space is limited pre-registration is needed to reserve a space.
EARLY BIRD sign-up before 10.15.18 get $5 OFF + free gift.
If you don’t have Squarecash, Venmo, PayPal contact Christina for direct payment using debit/credit card. 760.617.9171
• Venmo @ EVERYLEAFSPEAKS_ELS
• Squarecash @ $EVERYLEAFSPEAKS
• PayPal if sending PayPal SEND AS FRIENDS & FAMILY @ https://www.paypal.me/EveryLeafSpeaks
* NEEDED MATERIALS*
• 8oz glass jar with lid
• 16oz organic vinegar
• Cup/mug for tea
• Dish towel or rag.
• Pen & paper
• Essential Oils if you want to add it to the Desert Shade (no citrus based oils)
• Chop stick or wooden spoon.
• Clear tape