SELF CARE MEDICINE MAKING WORKSHOP
Explore the tasty world of herbal honey and liniments.
2018年11月19日 11:00 – 13:00
Joshua Tree, Joshua Tree, CA 92252, USA
Self Care Medicine Making Workshop incorporating native plants to the Mojave Desert. We will start the class with a plant meditation. I will be making an infusion using a native plant so please bring a small mug/cup.
Location TBA & emailed upon pre-registration for the class.
I will be ethically foraging for the medicinal plants of the Mojave Desert that will be used to create an herbal remedy known as an electuary.
Electuaries are a tasty way to “help the medicine go down” but rather than a spoonful of sugar we will be working with honey adding dried herbs.
We will be making a Desert Fiery Electuary inspired by “Fire Cider” adding powdered herbs that can taken by the spoonful, added to a cup of tea or plain hot water when feeling under the weather. Ways to fight the onset of cold - flu, boost immunity, sniffles, congestion, goopy lungs. Plant allies that will help strengthen and enhance the immune and respiratory system along with giving relief during allergy season.
We will also be making a liniment. Liniments are a great thing to have in your medicine cabinet and your herbal first aid kit. We will be making a cooling astringent liniment using solvents of your choice. Either vodka, tequila, apple cider vinegar. Rubbing alcohol can also be used. If so just know to keep it out of reach from the kiddos and it can not be taken internally. Liniments infused with herbs are easily absorbed through the skin bringing relief to sore painful, muscles, ligaments, they can be applied to bug bites, stings, boils, acne. Depending on what herbs are used they can either warm and draw blood to the area. Used topically
* 80s jar, clean with matching lid
• 8oz organic honey (local is ideal) or agave, coconut syrup.
• 750ml of a spirit of your choice (tequila, vodka, gin) 16 oz of vinegar or rubbing alcohol. I recommend using vinegar or a spirit aside of rubbing alcohol for in the case someone accidentally takes it internally.
• Floor seating
• Wooden spoon
• the following size jars would suffice. You can also reuse old jars just make sure they are free of any residual smell from whatever was in there.
You can purchase at any store that sells ball, mason jars. This is needed for the liniment. If you can’t find one, I will have some available for $1.50
Stores like Walmart sells them in bulk. Or Michaels sells them in individuals. Also check thrift shops.
• Cup/mug (for a plant meditation)
• 4 oz mason jar . these can be found at Michaels, Walmart (but only sold in bulk there) or Target.
RSVP (workshops are limited seating) via:
Venmo @ Every_Leaf_Speaks_ELS
PayPal @ https://www.paypal.me/EveryLeafSpeaks (please send as friends and family as I will not be selling product)
I will respond in 72 hours/confirmation