Rose Glycerites, Herbal Preparations Workshop.
Discover other ways of making delicious herbal remedies using vegetable glycerine known as glycerites. For this workshop we will be working with the plant Rose. We will cover the two methods of creating glycerites, the clinical method of using ratios and the folk method.
2019年3月24日 11:00 – 14:00
Cactus Mart, 49889 Twentynine Palms Highway, Morongo Valley, CA 92256, USA
- Discover other ways of making delicious herbal remedies using vegetable glycerine known as glycerites. Vegetable glycerine is derived from plants like palm, soybean (be sure to get non GMO soy) and coconut. Glycerine is a clear liquid, mildly sweet and syrupy like that is odorless. Herbal Glycerites are just another form of herbal remedies using vegetable glycerin as a solvent and whilst it is not as strong as a solvent as alcohol, it can still extract particular plant constituents. Glycerites can be consumed by those with sensitivities to alcohol or those who wish not to have alcohol.
This workshop will cover the two methods of creating glycerites. We will demonstrate the clinical method using ratios and use the folk method for the “hands-on” portion of the workshop. We will also discuss which plants are best suited for a glycerin-based extract. We will be making Rose Glycerites using Rose buds, petals and haw and I will discuss Rose, Rosa spp. and the many uses of this plant.
We will start this workshop with a Plant Tea Journey where we will sip together on a tea made with Rose. In this journey we will explore the physical energetics of the plant and its taste and discussion on this amazing plant. Our workshop will take place in the beautiful Sun Room at Cactus Mart in Morongo Valley in the Mojave Desert. Cactus Mart specializes in drought tolerant, native flora of the Mojave, Sonoran and Chihuahuan Deserts. Cactus Mart is the hub of education in the High Desert. Featuring beautiful crafts by local artisans, rocks, gems, pottery and more.
EARLY BIRD DEAL OF $36 EXPIRES 03.13.19. AFTER 03.13.19 PRICE IS $43
There limited seating and pre-registration is suggested to secure your space.
- 8-ounce jar, clean with matching lid
- Cutting board
- Large bowl
- Cloth towel or rag
- Wooden spoon
- Pen, paper and tape
- Cup or mug
- Floor Seating (cushion, pillow or on the floor chair)
- Blanket or large towel
- OPTIONAL Whole Cloves, Star Anise, Cinnamon Chips or Sticks
- Tickets are non transferable and non refundable
PAYMENT METHODS we accept Venmo, Squarecash, PayPal (please send as friends and family)
WHEN SENDING WITH PAYPAL, PLEASE SEND PAYMENT AS "FRIENDS AND FAMILY"
- Venmo @ EVERY_LEAF_SPEAKS_ELS
- Squarecash @ $EVERYLEAFSPEAKS
- PayPal SEND AS FRIENDS & FAMILY @ https://www.paypal.me/EveryLeafSpeaks